After the Kefauver Harris Amendment was passed in 1962, the . FDA began the DESI review process to ensure the safety and efficacy of drugs approved under the more lenient pre-1962 standards, including Dianabol.  In 1965, the FDA pressured CIBA to further document its legitimate medical uses, and re-approved the drug for treating post-menopausal osteoporosis and pituitary-deficient dwarfism .  After CIBA's patent exclusivity period lapsed, other manufacturers began to market generic metandienone in the .
(1) Mesterolone is commonly used to maintain libido off-cycle and also relatively and temporarily improving vascularity. This steroid is even used to treat male patients struggling with impotency or lack of testosterone, low libido, and erectile malfunction. It also has the ability to promote improved release of luteinizing hormone and follicle-stimulating hormone for stimulating testes so that more testosterone can be produced. This steroid is well tolerated by the liver and does not impair spermatogenesis. Proviron is recommended for treating declining physical activity and mental alertness in middle- and old-aged men.
(2) This anabolic androgenic steroid has the ability to greatly promote direct lipolysis and even promote more of free testosterone by its sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG)-binding nature. It also binds strongly the androgen receptors and SHBG. This steroid can even work to increase the activity of other steroids in an anabolic steroid cycle by displacing a higher percentage of SHBG into a free and unbound state due to its extremely high affinity for plasma binding proteins such as SHBG. Use of this drug is also useful to reduce estrogenic side effects of other steroids like water-retention, lowered sex drive, gynecomastia, etc. as Proviron prevents the formation of estrogen in the first place.
(3) In addition to this, this steroid can also be used for treating reduced efficiency, lack of concentration, weak memory, disturbances of libido and potency, irritability, and disturbances of sleep. It is also recommended for treating depressive moods, and general vegetative complaints that are often attributed to androgen-deficiency. This anabolic steroid may also be recommended in cases of diminished potency where androgen-deficiency is not the primary cause.
(4) Proviron can lead to a dramatic increase in the hardness and density of the muscles. It is favored by bodybuilders and powerlifters during contest preparations when a lower estrogen/high androgen level is particularly sought after. Proviron also has the ability to promote the development of secondary male sex characteristics in cases of prepuberal hypogonadism and stimulate growth, development, and function of androgen-dependent target organs.
(5) It may even be recommended for treating patients diagnosed with infertility and can be used as a substitution therapy in cases where a loss of gonadal function has occurred post-puberal. The chances of procreation can be increased with the use of this steroid as Proviron can increase sperm count and quality.
5. Recommended dose:
The recommended dose is 25 mg three times daily. This steroid can be used for a long period of time as it is not a 17a-alkylated compound. Some athletes may use Proviron may use it in daily doses of 25-100mg per day (for men) and 40-60mg per day (for women).